Men have come to speak of revelation as long ago given and done, as if God were dead. It is the office of a true teacher to show us that God is, not was, that he speaketh, not spake...

The need was never greater of new revelation than now.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1838

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

6/20/09

conversation.

A segment of conversation while talking to my 8 year old niece, Brooklyn, on the phone for my birthday:

Brooklyn: It was your birthday yesterday!
Me: I know!! I'm twenty-four! How old are you again?
Brooklyn: I'm eight.
Me: So then how old was I when you were born?
Brooklyn: Ok let me think about this. Hmm...so it would be...let me see....twenty-four take away eight would be....hmmm....I can't do this right now because I can't use my fingers because I'm holding the phone and some money.
Me: Oh ok. Well I was almost sixteen when you were born.
Brooklyn: Really? And how old are you now again?
Me: Twenty-four.
Brooklyn: (pause) Wow! You're really old up there. You must be in, like, middle school or something.


4 comments:

Papa Dave said...

Very cute!!! Love DAd

Janis said...

Aren't you glad you're not still in middle school.?

I had a fun conversation with Brooklyn tonight. What a doll.

James Shipley said...

Brooklyn, Anita, and I are LOL.

robin said...

that is hilarious. and, can she send me some of that money?!