Men have come to speak of revelation as long ago given and done, as if God were dead. It is the office of a true teacher to show us that God is, not was, that he speaketh, not spake...

The need was never greater of new revelation than now.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1838

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

6/20/11

efy: year two. week two.

Flagstaff!

I know I get on here every new week expressing that THIS WAS THE BEST EFY WEEK EVER! I'm aware; my friend Kim never lets me forget it. Haha.

But..

THIS WAS THE BEST EFY WEEK EVER!

First off, miracles exist. I don't care what the critics or haters of efy have to say about it. The Lord is workin His miracles here. I've seen it. It exists.

Moroni says in The Book of Mormon in Mormon 9:15:
"And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you...Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles."

I'm a believer.

A few miracles this week:

1. A paralyzed man from the waist down walked before our very eyes. More on that in the next post.
2. My girl co-counselor this week was a friend of mine from college! Really? Yes. What are the odds that we would end up in Flagstaff of all places as coco's (short for co-counselor). But this blessed our group so much because we already had the bond/friendship/chemistry to make it a fantastic week for our youth. Inspired.
3. I saw pretty much half of my mission on Monday, which is the day all the parents bring their kids up for check-in. I was working the first desk and it was like a mission reunion. One of the girls in my group, Kaylee, was from one of the wards I served in for 9 months, 6 years ago. She was 8. I knew her family well. Now she was in my efy group. Weird! but awesome.
4. One of my boys taught an entire morning devotional relating the concept/theories in the movie "Inception" to the law of chastity. It was fantastic. He's 14 years old! I told him he needs to teach a course at byu on this very topic. I was in awe. But the miracle was that the teenagers actually understood it completely.
5. The coordinators this week were huge on "nothing is a coincidence. There is a reason these exact teenagers were put in your exact group. There is a reason you and your coco are put together." And the miracle this week is that by the end of the week I knew why each and every one of my kids were in this group. I prayed for the inspiration to figure it out which added clarity as to why they needed me and I needed them. Not that I had never figured this out with other groups before but when you add prayer to anything it just makes it so much more clear and pristine.

Shout-out to Lindsey. She's awesome. My 13 boys this week were obsessed with her. We were friends in Rexburg. She was such a good example to our youth (especially the girls) because...
a) she's leaving for her mission this coming week (the week after efy) to Toronto, Canada.
b) she finished The Book of Mormon on Thursday during efy and bore powerful testimony of it.
c) efy ended Saturday morning and she went to the temple that evening after spending a whole week at efy. Best preparation week ever.
d) she almost dropped her efy contract for this week but felt powerful spiritual promptings to not drop it. By the end of the week she had discovered why she didn't drop it.
e) she'll be a great missionary.

Pictures from this week:

Teaching my kids how to waltz with no music = one of the funniest moments of my life.

Pizza night.

High School Musical!

It was a good week.

Now onto Tre's song. Tre was a goofy and totally animated kid. On the last day he wrote a song about efy and performed it for the guys. Hilarious. The chorus is our team cheer that he put to song. And you'll hear the boys' love for Lindsey in it. Our group name was The Righteous People.
(lyrics below)


Go With The Righteous People
by Tre Hibbert

lyrics:

e.f.y.
especially for youth
or should I say
especially for you and me?
i said we are family

we came to the campus
of n.a.u.
and now we all know
the gospel is true
yeah you said it too

i only got one thing to say

chorus:
don't mess
don't mess
don't mess with the best
cuz the best don't mess
don't fool
don't fool
don't fool with the cool
cuz the cool don't fool
don't jive
don't jive
don't jive with the team
that stays alive
go with the righteous people
go with the righteous people

lindsey and craig
taught us well
because of that
we're not going to...
date before we're sixteen

the other groups?
there's no comparison
and i know i'm
no george harrison
but I sing...
because I love lindsey
(and so do all of us!)

i only got one thing to say

chorus

3 comments:

Papa Dave said...

Hi Son. Very wonderful post. Lindsey is cute!!!

robin said...

pretty great, craig. you belong at efy. it is your calling.

and you are looking very good!

Janis said...

Great week Craig. Loved the song. Lucky kids to have you and Lindsey for their coco's.